TrailLite Motorhome and Caravans is New Zealand’s premier luxury motorhome and caravan builder. They also carry a full range of pre-owned and imported motorhomes to suit every situation and budget.
- The sales team’s mindset around selling motorhomes at trade shows; TrailLite were investing $100,000 plus in each trade show and just about covering their costs.
- Self-limiting beliefs around themselves and their potential clients.
- Lack of effective and clearly executable sales strategies.
- Lack of a consultative approach; there were no questioning systems in place to help TrailLite’s clients understand exactly what product they needed to suit their individual needs.
- No clearly documented sales process.
- Lacking clarity on how they generally could be more effective at sales.
- The first and most pressing challenge was to work on the biggest New Zealand motorhome show. The goal was to ensure TrailLite could capitalise on this event and get a return on investment.
Jason worked with TrailLite to develop the following three areas:
1) Pre, during and post-show strategies.
2) The sales team’s mindset around selling at trade shows including using evaluation tools.
3) A consultive sales questioning system.
Within a week after the New Zealand motorhome show, the sales team had signed up eight new motorhomes (worth $200,000 each) and eight used motorhomes (worth $120,000 each).
Jason has worked closely with Mandy Davies, Sales Manager at TrailLite; and as a part of the program Thanks to the training, Mandy has become exceptionally effective at recruiting, training and coaching new team members to become top performers within weeks of their induction.
Jason helped develop and document TrailLite’s sales process. TrailLite’s stretch target for the last financial year was 14% growth. With Jason’s help we smashed it completely achieving a record 38% growth.
“Our team smashes sales using the consultative sales process, says Shaun Newman, General Manager at TrailLite”
“Our team smashes sales using the consultative sales process”
Shaun Newman, General Manager, TrailLite